Retailers utilizing flyers as a major advertising vehicle, need higher control of their programs to meet specific business & marketing objectives or strategies. Critical targeting and management can be from a need for any one or combination of elements:
- Time of year
- Split drops
- Franchisee participation
- Need to deliver only areas of traditionally high dollar return
- Want to increase flyers in areas of high potential areas
- Wish to remove areas outside acceptable cost to sales ratios
- Market products to specific customer segments
- Want to prospect specific demographic clusters
- Development of new geographic areas
- Special ’targeted’ promotions incremental to regular program ie: catalogue, gift guides, cross promotions
But there are substantial historical Issues with Planning and Managing Flyer Programs that have hindered marketers from being able to meet objectives and strategies. These include:
- The facility to obtain accurate, current and timely distributor information
- The ability to build models to targeting with distributor data
- Difference between analytical geography and distribution geography
- Aggregation of analysis results to run-list and insertion orders
Raw data is provided by the over 1,000 publications and flyer distributors in any number of formats - from large electronic files to excel files to one sheet, faxed pages with hand written changes to web sites. This, obviously, creates a massive job of organizing the information into a usable format and maintaining currency and accuracy on a continuing basis.
Data users also have to contend with lack of format consistency, Distributor Accuracy, town and postal code compliance, Unaccounted Quantities, Unassigned Quantities, Geographic Crossovers, Updating Delinquency, No Link To Postal Codes, Inordinate Internal Resource Requirement and many other issues.
An Innovative Advancement for the FSI Industry
- ORCA is a national, database of flyer distributors, assembled in a standard format, permitting heavy flyer users to create and execute their targeting models directly to the smallest deliverable geography.
- ORCA is presently being utilized for analytics, model development and FSI programs, including BestBuy Future Shop, Shoppers Drug Mart and Rogers Communications. It provides retailers the ability to be dynamic in the distribution and to create distribution based on business objectives.
- ORCA provides ‘smallest deliverable unit’ information for every distributor in Canada. It is constantly update and provides users the most current, accurate information monthly or as needed.
- ORCA relieves the user of the time consuming collection and aggregation of data. It searches for and corrects the inherent errors and issues. It appends postal codes, DAs and benchmark counts to all delivery units.
This system has been developed for both a user and distributor use.
- For the user, the universal format will allow any user to extract the data, for their unique system or targeting models, no matter what format they will be using.
- For the Distributor, it allows for very easy contact and flyer distribution quantity updating and reporting in one universal format. This will alleviate time consuming queries to sales staff and increase efficiency by being able to provide information electronically to all customers.
Target demographically with Generation5, directly to distributor delivery routes. Retailers and marketers can now profile and target directly to the distributor route or delivery level utilizing Generation5 Mosaic clustering system, BBM propensity or Consumer Spending Potential information. Plan your own program on-line. Contact us to help you get started.